Cookies and logging personal data:
- provide you with a tailored, enjoyable experience when you access the site
- create and access a login token;
- improve our site; and
- compile statistical reports on visitor activity
Our site will issue cookies to your system when you access and use our site and you will be asked to consent to this at the time (e.g. when you first visit us). Cookies do not affect your privacy and security and cannot read data from your system or read cookie files created by other websites. You can set your system not to accept cookies if you wish (for example by changing your browser settings so cookies are not accepted) or you may selectively disable specific cookies on this website, however, some of the features of the site may not function if you remove cookies from your system.
- We routinely record the IP addresses of our website visitors to a security log. None of this data is further processed unless we have a legitimate reason to do so, such as for profiling and blocking threats to our website.
- We also record the IP addresses of our website visitors to raw access and error logs. None of this data is further processed unless there is a legitimate reason to do so, such as troubleshooting. In the case that IP addresses demonstrate malicious or harmful behaviour, we log those addresses by firewall in order to protect our assets.
- Our website uses Strictly Necessary Cookies as part of its core functions. Session data is stored in visitors’ browsers to enable logging in and order processing functionality. These cookies remain active for 12 months. We do not seek consent for session cookies, which expire when you leave our website.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.